
"Take a moment to think about something that you love a lot. What
would happen if you lost it? Now thank Allah you have it and be happy.
This amazing exercise can be applied to everything from your phone, to
your family, to your faith! Now that you are happy you have these things
spend a moment thanking Allah and savoring what you have.
Research shows that savoring has very powerful affects on well-being
and this Ramadhan why not take some extra time to be grateful
for the gifts that Allah has given you.
Other quick things you can do to improve well-being are:
1. Take a nap >> If you are exhausted your brain won't process
happy thoughts as effectively.
2. Smile >> Not only is it a sunnah, but it can also improve
your well-being as your brain thinks you are feeling good.
3. Give someone a hug >> A halal one of course :-) ... research
shows that hugs are powerful for improving well-being and
building connectedness.
Err, from all of them, I RARELY did no.3, honestly :) It's not that I don't hug people, we always do when we shake hands with friends right? But to give it without no reason, or all out of sudden, is bit hard for me. I have friends who practice this, well, not with me of course. In no time, they will tell her friends that are near her at that moment like, "I feel like to hug." or "Hug me." kind of. At first, I thought she was, err, "kenapa ni?" with that awkward face. Ceh. Now I know that hug is powerful for improving well being, kot! Siapa tak nak? XOXO
:P
After read this, and most importantly it was proved through research :P, I need to start practice it, kot :D
Seeking for the first 'victim'. Hehe.
...............................
Savoring : to enjoy food or experience slowly, in order to appreciate it as much as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment