Tuesday, May 5, 2015

008. My new friend.

Bismillah.


I once told my younger sister that I would love to have friends from various races - at least Chinese or Indians, you know they are Malaysian too.

There are few on my friend list on FB, my previous primary school's classmates whom might already forgot me but hey, they are not!

I have few Indian classmates during my highschool days in KUSESS, but we were disconnected after SPM. Hurm, my bad.

No way for me to get to know other races since I entered IIUM which most of them are Muslims, Malays and few International students. Minus the Arabs and Afrikaans. They are nice though. But I wanted to get to know this other populations of Malaysia.

So I told my sis how grateful she is now, her PBL groupmates consists of this Malaysia-Truly-Asian people. She got Chinese buddies, Indian lab partner (whom are goshhh, gentleman?). Me myself has not any. I interact with Malays most of the time. So she told me that yeahhh I am not going to be friend with any of them which is a lacking part of being IIUM.

Wuisy, dahsyat.

However, things changed. 
Allah loves me (us) a lot.
He surely will grant any of [good] deeds that might helped us in any ways possible.

So I entered USIM, and got to know this one Indian lady that entered the same day as me. We both signed up for Research Assistant position there, with different supervisors. 

Of all places in this world, Allah made it harmoniously possible for me to have multi-cultural friends, at USIM?
What is so different between IIUM and USIM, only Allah knows.
I called her R. She is a very good friend indeed [up to this moment].

I went to eat at mamak with her.
She accompanied me to go to Celcom Centre at the heart of KL together via LRT and that is enough for me.
We talked about our unique races [well, most of the time she shares her beautiful culture since mine is too maintream la kan].
I taught her simple Jawi alphabets [because students here are compulsory to learn Arabic and tajweed] so that she got ideas on how Jawi works. 
She scratched my name in Tamil too. Haha!

Sometimes, she does asked me on several things about Islam that attracts her to know lot more. 
And this morning, when just arrived at the Postgraduate Room, with hiccups and all, she showed us [me and Farhana] this for us to read.



Which made me "Oh...".







She initially wanted to PM-ed us for this. 
Subhanallah...
It really touched my heart. And am posting this so that I will remembered her and this info in the future :')

She really cared about my prayer. During our 'short trip' to Jalan Ampang for Celcom thingy, she did asked me whether I can solat on time [because we went there during our lunch break].
You know, my Muslim friends has never asked me this [perhaps because they are praying too la kann].
Because all of us are praying in one of the lab, the EEG lab here [because surau is 4 levels down, alasan much] and she is the one who stays there to read on journals, so she will make sure she silent everything. Eh baik lah.

About the excerpt above, she reminds us to stay focus in our salah, understand the meaning behind every recitation. 
Gilalah,  memang DF terus habis. 



Morale: yes, we are being tarbiyyah all the time. tinggal nak tengok dengan mata hati atau tak je. signs are everywhere. sweet kan Allah?
:')



anis.
usimkl.

No comments:

End of Q2 2026

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful. Harini tiba-tiba terdetik di fikiran dan hati untuk buka semula emel, beserta blo...