Monday, February 11, 2019

11th. Forever dong saeng.



So I accompanied my (not-so) little brother to his second interview last Friday.

It was at Starbucks. And my forever dream job; to be a barista.

All went well. The interviewer looked kind and treated my brother like a man-to-man talk. Gittew.

I drove him to the interview, and rehearsed with him all the way there.
So I asked him, "Kalau dia tanya berapa lama boleh commit, Ariff nak jawab apa?"

My brother replied, while his hands busied swiping his hair, "Nanti Ariff jawab, setahun, saya nak kerja and cari kumpul duit dulu tahun ni. Tahun depan baru nak sambung belajar". 

I startled to his answer. 

It is not that I object his answer, but it really made me startled somehow. 

I never expect his answer before. I thought he will made it sugar-coated white lie. But he insisted. 

So now I realized that my youngest brother has grown up. 



And of course I reflect myself over and over, over the coffee while waiting for him doing his interview. 

Am I a good sister all these while?
Have I been a good example to him?


Dong-saeng: little brother/sister

No comments:

End of Q2 2026

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful. Harini tiba-tiba terdetik di fikiran dan hati untuk buka semula emel, beserta blo...